Friday, February 14, 2014

Could You Fall in Love with Someone You’ve Never Met?

If you’ve been online looking for love, you’ve probably heard of the term Catfish. Maybe you’ve even seen the MTV show.
If you’re like me, you’ve thought people were crazy when you heard stories about them falling in love and even mortgaging their house or putting themselves into debt to give money away all for a man or woman they have never met.
They say until you walk a mile in someone else’s shoes, you’re not in a position to judge.
Well, as a veteran relationship coach, I actually walked a few yards in those shoes, and thankfully I’m now in a unique position to hopefully prevent it from ever happening to you.

It’s easier to fall for than you may think.

I know I have a lot to offer someone, so I’m fairly picky about whom I find interesting. Searching online can seem a lot like questing for a needle in a haystack, but it has worked wonderfully for me in the past.
When I found “Jack,” I was definitely intrigued. He was handsome and had lots of pictures. He was tall, successful and expressed himself beautifully.
His profile portrayed him as a true romantic who believed “honesty and truthfulness are two of the greatest virtues anybody can have.”
Integrity is what I value most in a man, and OkCupid said we were 91 percent match and only 1 percent enemy. I sent him an email expressing that.

Click here to read the rest of this article on DatingAdvice.com  Donna was a guest blogger for the all-inclusive dating resource site whose experts dispense wisdom on 'all things dating' through how-to-articles, informational studies, reviews, reader questions and more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment